Faq - ONE TOUCH 810
- Q1Why does my phone crash when I use facebook?
In this case, please upgrade your phone with one of the following two methods:
1. Please upgrade your phone to the latest software version with one touch upgrade which can be downloaded from the following website:
2. Please go to “Menu”--> “Settings” --> “Check software update” --> "Download”--> "Install” to upgrade your phone. If there is no other update package, it means your phone software version is the latest one. Please make sure your phone network is available before you upgrade your phone.
- Q2How can I install Java application on my phone?
Please connect the phone to PC via USB data cable and download the Java application to the SD card in your phone. Please download the “Jar” file or the combination of “Jar” and “Jad” files. Only “Jad” file is not supported. (Here take a Java application “My Life in New York” for example.)
Please go to menu-> “File manager” -> “SD card” -> Select the Java program that you want to install (Select “My Life in New York.jar")-> “Options” -> “Install”.
Please select “Phone” or “SD card” as storage location.
After installation, a message will pop up and prompt to launch this Java MIDlet.
You can also run this Java MIDlet by the following method (Java->Java applications->My life in New York->Launch.)
- Q3How can I switch input method?
You can switch the input method by the following two ways:
1.On the input interface, please select: “Options” -> “Input =method”.
2. Please go to menu -> “Settings” -> “Phone settings” -> “Input method”.
- Q4Why does my phone reset automatically sometimes?
In this case, please update the handset software to the latest version with One Touch Upgrade which can be downloaded from the following website:
If the problem persists, please contact an Alcatel repair center for help. You can check the contact information from Alcatel website: http://www.alcatelonetouch.com/support/hotlines_repaircenters.html
- Q5Why couldn’t the EBook detect the files saved in SD card?
Please note that One touch 810 EBook supports .txt and .pdb formats only and please go to menu ->”EBook” -> “Options” ->”Global settings”->”Storage” ->Select “SD card”. Then your phone Ebook will detect the files in SD card when you refresh bookshelf.
- Q6Can I apply a new e-mail account with the phone? It is not allowed to apply a new e-mail account via phone but PC.
- Q7How can I use speed dial?
Please go to “Menu”->“Settings”->“Phone settings”->”Keypad”->”Numeric keys”-> Choose the key you want to set -> “Edit” -> “Contacts”-> Choose a contact. After above steps are done, long pressing the key will dial the contact directly.
- Q8How can I use my phone as webcam?
You can use your phone as webcam for instant messaging on your PC by following the steps:
1. Please connect your phone to PC via USB cable and select “Webcam” from your phone screen;
2. Go to “My computer” on your PC and find “USB video device” under “Scanner & Camera”.
- Q9Why does the JAVA exit when I close the clamshell?
If you need to continue the Java application after closing the clamshell, please go to menu-> “Settings”-> “Phone settings”-> “Clamshell settings”-> “Clamshell close options”->select “Continue application”.
- Q10How can I use black list?
Black list is a function to filter calls and messages from some contacts you set. Please go to menu->"Black list”->"Options”->"Add”->Add a phone number in the list->"OK”-> “Options”->"Settings”-> “Change filter type”-> Select “Filter incoming call"or “Filter SMS” or both. Then this number’s call or message will be filtered.